Oikocredit annual general meeting elects supervisory board members, approves dividend
This week over 120 members and staff of Oikocredit International gathered for a week of meetings in Accra, Ghana, including the annual general meeting (AGM) and a conference with speakers from across Ghana’s financial inclusion sector.
The cooperative’s AGM took place on 15 June and was chaired by Ruth Waweru, supervisory board member from Kenya.
The AGM elected Joseph L. Patterson from Canada as a new supervisory board member and re-elected supervisory board members Annette C. Austin (Australia) and Åsa Silfverberg (Sweden) for a second term.
Members also voted to fill a position on the newly established members’ council which was set up following last year’s AGM. Ueli Burckhalter from Switzerland was elected as the seventh member of the council.
The members thanked outgoing supervisory board members Richard Librock from Canada and Ayaan Adams from the US for their valuable contributions to both the supervisory board and Oikocredit’s mission.
The AGM also approved the proposal by the managing board to pay a 2% dividend for 2016.
- 27/06/17 11:46 - 40 million people, 84% being women, reached by organisations financed by Oikocredit
- 27/06/17 10:00 - 40 million people reached in 2016 by organisations financed by Oikocredit
- 15/06/17 13:21 - Oikocredit annual general meeting elects supervisory board members, approves dividend
- 15/06/17 09:17 - International cooperative Oikocredit holds development finance meetings in Accra
- 08/06/17 13:31 - Agriculture Report 2016 - Announcement