Oikocredit appoints Laura Pool as chief risk officer
Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Social investor Oikocredit today announced that Laura Pool is to become its chief risk officer with effect from 18 December. She will head Oikocredit’s risk department and join the managing board.
Laura Pool comes to Oikocredit after holding a series of senior positions in banking and finance, most recently as managing director of risk and finance, and management board member, at impact investor Triodos Investment Management. Prior to this, Pool was chief financial officer and chief risk officer at Dutch insurance company Nationale Borg, following several roles with ING Group. Pool, a Dutch national, has a master’s degree in tax law and a master’s in financial economics.
“I am delighted to be joining Oikocredit,” said Pool. “Oikocredit’s strong track record in development finance is very impressive and I am looking forward to the opportunity to specialise in this field and to make a contribution to the organisation by further developing the risk function.”
Commenting on Pool’s appointment, Oikocredit’s managing director Thos Gieskes said: “Oikocredit is very pleased that Laura Pool with her vast experience will be filling this position and joining the managing board. As chief risk officer she will play a key role in ensuring that Oikocredit continues to address risk holistically and to balance growth and innovation with risk management and mitigation in an increasingly complex operating environment.”
Oikocredit has over 40 years’ experience in funding partner organisations active in inclusive finance (including microfinance), agriculture and renewable energy. Oikocredit’s loans, investments and capacity building aim to enable people living on low incomes to sustainably improve their living standards. Oikocredit finances around 800 partners in 70 countries, with total outstanding capital of € 971.5 million.
Note for editors:
For more information, please contact Ulrike Haug, communications manager, Oikocredit International: telephone: +31 6 25 65 53 75 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 29/09/17 18:52 - Ed Mayo, Secretary General of Co-ops UK talks about Oikocredit around the world
- 29/09/17 18:21 - Co-operatives UK introduce social investor, Oikocredit, to celeberate International Co-ops Day
- 29/09/17 16:23 - In the Guardian: Oikocredit empowers excluded women with social investing
- 29/09/17 16:18 - In the Guardian: the devastating effects of climate change on subsistence farmers
- 29/09/17 16:13 - In the Guardian: the Indian tea estates being revitalised by Oikocredit investors
- 29/09/17 16:02 - Church Times and Oikocredit discuss ethical investing and what it means for philanthropists
- 29/09/17 11:09 - What have money & faith got to do with climate change?
- 29/09/17 11:06 - Ethex introduce its investor base to Oikocredit, where pay-as-you-go solar lighting up the lives of Ghana’s micro-entrepreneurs
- 29/09/17 11:03 - Social Stock Exchange: Pay-as-you-go solar is lighting up the lives of Ghana’s micro-entrepreneurs
- 29/09/17 11:00 - Churches Together in Britain & Ireland: Poverty alleviation & affordable, clean energy
- 29/09/17 10:56 - Scottish International Development Alliance (SIDA): SDGs & how ethical investing can help
- 29/09/17 10:40 - UK Social Stock Exchange interview with Thos Gieskes, Oikocredit International MD
- 29/09/17 10:27 - The UK Social Stock Exchange interviews Oikocredit UK & Ireland's National Director Monica Middleton
- 26/09/17 12:00 - Supporting organic coffee growers in southern Ecuador
- 21/09/17 15:26 - Indulge in a FAPECAFES fair trade coffee at our events across Europe
- 15/09/17 11:50 - How fair trade is helping smallholder coffee farmers succeed
- 13/09/17 15:20 - Laura Pool appointed as chief risk officer
- 13/09/17 15:15 - Oikocredit appoints Laura Pool as chief risk officer