Oikocredit launches Impact Report 2019
Oikocredit’s Impact Report is now live and ready for download. The new publication replaces the Social and Environmental Performance Report and showcases data from across Oikocredit’s activities.
Highlights from the report, which shares data from year-end 2018, include:
- Oikocredit’s financial inclusion partner organisations reached 37.6 million clients and 2.1 million small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- 86% of clients reached by financial inclusion partners were women, and 61% were in rural areas
- Oikocredit’s agriculture partners reached more than 500,000 farmers
- Renewable energy partners provided 72,000 households with access to clean energy
- Oikocredit spent € 1 million on capacity building
Ging Ledesma, Oikocredit’s Director of Social Performance Innovation, commented: “Oikocredit remains one of the most important sources of support for financial inclusion. I say support because we provide not only financial but also capacity building support.”
The report also maps Oikocredit’s impact results to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) framework, and shares partner examples and client stories.
Ging commented: “It’s not just about the quantitative but the qualitative data. Access to finance is important but equally important is that access is responsible, that it’s focused on client needs and capacities”.
- 24/09/19 16:00 - Colombian fintech Sempli raises USD 8 million in Series A round led by Oikocredit and Incofin CVSO
- 24/09/19 16:00 - Oikocredit increases investment in Colombian fintech Sempli
- 17/09/19 12:41 - Interview: Oikocredit’s latest Impact Report
- 10/09/19 15:00 - Oikocredit launches Impact Report 2019