Maanaveeya awarded silver medal for ‘Investing in People’
Maanaveeya, Oikocredit’s subsidiary in India, recently won SKOCH Group’s Environment and Sustainability silver medal and Order of Merit certificate for its work of ‘Investing in people’ in India.
For over 16 years Maanaveeya has been striving to help empower vulnerable communities in India and promote sustainable development through financing microfinance institutions (MFIs), small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and renewable energy projects.
Maanaveeya’s efforts were presented first to a jury and then to around 500 delegates from across India who took part in the voting process. As a result, Maanaveeya was rewarded a silver medal under the Environment and Sustainability category.
SKOCH Group is known as India’s leading think tank focusing on inclusive growth and has been devoted to addressing socio-economic issues since 1997. SKOCH Group awards celebrate projects and institutions in India with important achievements across governance, finance, technology, economics and social sectors.
Maanaveeya’s Managing Director, Gouri Sankar, said: “We’re honoured to receive this award from SKOCH Group who, like Maanaveeya, is working towards inclusive development and empowering the marginalised. It’s a great moment for all of us at Maanaveeya and we appreciate the recognition for the good work we have done over the years.”
- 15/04/21 13:08 - Resilience, solidarity, loyalty: Oikocredit publishes its Annual Report 2020
- 12/04/21 08:41 - Maanaveeya awarded silver medal for ‘Investing in People’
- 08/04/21 17:00 - Fintech Avanti Finance raises US$ 26 million in Series A funding round led by Oikocredit and others
- 08/04/21 16:42 - Managing Board Change at Oikocredit
- 08/04/21 14:03 - Fintech Avanti Finance raises US$ 26 million in Series A funding round led by Oikocredit and others
- 06/04/21 11:00 - Interview: Swift action safeguarded results
- 01/04/21 11:00 - Oikocredit invests in Banco Caribe to promote sustainable development of SMEs in Dominican Republic
- 01/04/21 10:09 - Oikocredit invests in Banco Caribe to promote sustainable development of SMEs in Dominican Republic