New Aqua for All and Oikocredit partnership to invest in community water and sanitation
Tuesday 14 June 2022
Mirjam ‘t Lam Managing Director of Oikocredit (left) and Josien Sluijs Managing Director at Aqua for All (right)
Collaboration will develop innovative and affordable financing solutions for water, sanitation and hygiene in Africa and Asia.
Not-for-profit organisation Aqua for All, specialised in innovative finance for water and sanitation, and social impact investor and worldwide cooperative Oikocredit, are launching a partnership to support water and sanitation financing and provision by partner organisations in Africa and Asia.
Under their new two-year agreement, Aqua for All and Oikocredit will combine market expertise, knowledge and network support to develop the water, sanitation and hygiene (‘WASH’) portfolios of financial inclusion partners in east and west African countries and in Cambodia. Aqua for All will provide up to € 1,500,000 in technical assistance, de-risking and/or a performance-based incentives. Oikocredit will invest up to € 15,000,000 in portfolio financing with current and new partner organisations.
Mirjam ‘t Lam, Managing Director, Oikocredit, said: “Oikocredit is delighted to launch a new partnership with Aqua for All. Our two organisations’ approaches are truly complementary. We look forward to working together and with local partners in developing initiatives that improve access to safe water and sanitation for low-income people and their communities.”
- 17/06/22 14:46 - Oikocredit teams up with DFC, Norfund and responsAbility on a financing vehicle investment to ‘impact millions'
- 15/06/22 10:32 - Oikocredit holds 46th annual general meeting
- 14/06/22 13:17 - New Aqua for All and Oikocredit partnership to invest in community water and sanitation
- 13/06/22 11:00 - New Aqua for All and Oikocredit partnership to invest in community water and sanitation
- 02/06/22 11:21 - Cultivating cotton for communities