Oikocredit’s equity investment supports India’s agriculture value chain
Oikocredit has made an equity investment in Origo Commodities, a company which provides post-harvest agriculture supply chain financing and logistics solutions across 12 Indian states to over 3,500 clients, including more than 1,400 farmers.
The project will support buyers and sellers across the commodity supply chain, with the aim of benefiting farmers and micro entrepreneurs. Caspian SME Impact Fund IV and Triodos Investment Management also participated in this investment round.
Anirudh Sarda, Equity Officer at Oikocredit India said: “Origo’s business model allows it to serve all participants in the agriculture value chain. With our investment we aim to support Origo in creating a positive impact within this value chain. We are excited about Origo’s potential for serving farmers, traders and micro businesses in improving the lives of people on low incomes.”
You can read more about the investment in the Indian media, such as this story published by the Economic Times.
- 31/10/18 15:00 - Oikocredit and BID LAB invest in fintech Sempli to support Colombian SMEs
- 31/10/18 15:00 - Oikocredit invests in FinTech Sempli to support sustainable growth of SMEs in Colombia
- 23/10/18 10:12 - Oikocredit invests in Kenyan fertiliser plant to raise farmers’ yields and incomes
- 17/10/18 10:29 - Financial results for social impact [interview]
- 10/10/18 09:46 - Making a difference in Mexico: the value of investing in SMEs
- 02/10/18 14:49 - Fintech and social impact investing in India [interview]
- 01/10/18 13:05 - Oikocredit’s equity investment supports India’s agriculture value chain