Equity investment to foster sustainable coffee trading
Oikocredit has announced a US$ 4.7 million investment in Caravela Coffee, a Latin American responsible specialty coffee trader.
Caravela sources high-quality coffee from eight Latin American countries and sells it to specialty coffee roasters in 27 countries.
Besides providing access to international markets, Caravela offers training and technical assistance to coffee producers through its team on the ground.
“With Oikocredit we share the same vision of generating positive financial, social and environmental return in Latin America’s rural communities, and look forward to this new partnership as we continue to grow, staying true to our mission of generating positive impact for the entire coffee industry,” said Alejandro Cadena, co-founder and CEO of Caravela.
- 29/05/19 10:00 - How do coffee cooperatives support smallholder coffee farmers in Peru?
- 22/05/19 16:00 - Oikocredit invests in Latin American responsible specialty coffee trader Caravela
- 22/05/19 16:00 - Equity investment to foster sustainable coffee trading
- 02/05/19 12:50 - Oikocredit expands its fintech portfolio in Mexico
- 02/05/19 08:50 - Oikocredit invests in fintech KU-BO FINANCIERO, S.A. DE C.V., S.F.P. (Ku-Bo) to support people in Mexico without access to financial services