Oikocredit expands its commitment to Mexican SMEs with investment in Aspiria
Social impact investor Oikocredit has acquired a minority stake in Aspiria, an online SME lender in Mexico
Aspiria, a digital lender targeting underbanked small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Mexico, has completed its Series A funding round with participation from social impact investor and worldwide cooperative Oikocredit. With its investment in Aspiria, Oikocredit continues its commitment to support SMEs in Latin America, as Oikocredit sees SMEs as playing an important role in areas such as job creation.
Rodrigo Villalta, Equity Officer at Oikocredit, said: “At Oikocredit, we are proud to become shareholders of Aspiria, an institution whose mission is to provide financial support to SMEs that have been typically excluded from the formal financial system.
“Mexican SMEs are key contributors to employment generation and economic development. We are happy that we can contribute towards building stronger social impact in the country by supporting access to the formal financial system for Mexican SMEs.”
- 23/12/20 08:00 - Interview: How Oikocredit supports small-scale cocoa producers in West Africa
- 17/12/20 12:07 - € 7 million to support smallholder cocoa producers in Côte d’Ivoire
- 17/12/20 10:55 - Oikocredit invests € 7 million to support smallholder cocoa producers in Côte d’Ivoire
- 15/12/20 10:50 - Flowers and meal deliveries: how Indians on low incomes use loans to grow
- 08/12/20 11:00 - Oikocredit expands its commitment to Mexican SMEs with investment in Aspiria
- 04/12/20 16:21 - Oikocredit expands its commitment to Mexican SMEs with investment in Aspiria