Oikocredit’s new capital-raising model in effect for existing investors in UK and Ireland
Under the new model, existing investors in the United Kingdom and Ireland have been made direct investors in Oikocredit via participations.
Until 2021, investors in the UK and Ireland were able to invest indirectly in OIKOCREDIT, Ecumenical Development Cooperative Society U.A. (Oikocredit) through Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation (OISF). OISF is a member of Oikocredit. It held member shares in Oikocredit and issued depository receipts for those shares to investors in the UK and Ireland.
OISF ceased its offer in the UK and Ireland in mid-2021 but continued to serve existing investors until the full implementation of Oikocredit’s new capital-raising model as of 1 April 2023. New investments are unfortunately not possible for investors based in the UK and Ireland.
OISF depository receipts exchanged for Oikocredit participations
As of 1 April 2023, all depository receipts issued by OISF and held by existing investors in the UK and Ireland have been exchanged for participations issued by Oikocredit. Participations are non-voting equity instruments governed by Dutch law. Due to this exchange, all existing investors in the UK and Ireland are now direct investors in the international cooperative.
Existing investors in the UK and Ireland can continue to hold their existing investment(s), and it will continue to support Oikocredit’s mission. If investors do not want to continue to be invested in Oikocredit via participations, they can request a redemption of their investment by completing and returning a redemption form (individual redemption form). Organisations can contact email@example.com to request a redemption form.
New model expected to unify Oikocredit’s work and increase its impact
The new capital-raising model allows Oikocredit to simplify its investment offer within its active countries. It also enables the cooperative to use more resources in partnerships and projects that benefit low-income communities, and in promoting sustainable development together with its global network of investors, members and partners.
- 26/04/2023 26/04/2023, 11:01 - Oikocredit Live: how do digital surveys measure social impact?
- 12/04/2023 12/04/2023, 11:07 - Results for 2022: Oikocredit confident about staying at the forefront of impact investing
- 11/04/2023 11/04/2023, 16:16 - Q4 2022 quarterly report: Continuing progress
- 11/04/2023 11/04/2023, 16:08 - Oikocredit confident about staying at the forefront of impact investing
- 06/04/2023 06/04/2023, 14:18 - Fusion Microfinance: Giving wings to clients’ dreams
- 04/04/2023 04/04/2023, 10:59 - From Outreach to Impact: Oikocredit drives forward positive social impact with Client Self-Perception Survey
- 01/04/2023 01/04/2023, 00:01 - Oikocredit’s new capital-raising model in effect for existing investors in UK and Ireland